Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Kurisumasu Omedeto!

Kurisumasu Omedeto! This means Merry Christmas in Japanese. I am posting Christmas greetings in different languages on my different blogs. I have 13 and hopefully I can finish it up before Christmas Eve.

Photobucket

I try to correlate as much as possible too for the languange and the nature of my blog. For example on my Drama Queen blog, I posted the Korean greetings and on this blog the Japanese greetings because most of the new technology comes from Japan. I was torn between Japanese and German but I opted on the first. Maybe on my other blog I can do the later. I can use car rental Cape Town airport to hop from one place to another.

Japanese celebrates Christmas by eating Christmas Cake on the eve. And based on my manga and anime experience they use this time more to be with friends and lovers than as a family occasion or to celebrate Christ’s birth. Maybe it’s because only a little percentage of their population are Christians. Still it’s nice to know they do celebrate Christmas.

Again Kurisumasu Omedeto (Merry Christmas) and Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu (Happy New Year)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment